Moving to a new location during the winter season is a challenging task.
From freezing temperature, forecast conditions to slippery roads and so much more, winter doubles the moving difficulties.
It’s advisable to hire a professional moving company to make the whole process of transition a lot easier. Visit https://www.cbdmovers.com.au/removals/removalists-sydney/ and request a moving quote.
Herein, we are sharing more tips to overcome winter moving blues with less stress and maximum satisfaction:
1. Pack smartly and in advance
Packing is one of the most arduous and time-consuming moving tasks.
So, pack your stuff like summer clothes, furniture items, electronics, art pieces, and other items that you don’t need a few weeks before the big day.
This will save your time and will prevent last-minute surprises.
However, the major part of your success depends on how you pack your stuff.
Some packing tips to follow are:
- Pack sensitive items like cookware and glassware in bubble wrap or towels
- Wrap your books with bubble wrap or plastic bags
- Don’t store liquid items in glass containers as they can freeze and may break containers.
- Cover furniture items with blankets
- Insulate and cushion electronic items such as laptops or tablets
- Use weatherproof supplies such as plastic bins, blankets, plastic bags, plastic wrap, and waterproof moving labels.
Packing all the stuff yourself is a tough job, so hire reliable removalists in Perth to take the burden off your shoulders.
2. Stay warm & protected
Cold temperature can take a big toll on your health.
Safety should be your priority on a moving day.
Some of the tips to stay warm and protected during the winter move are:
- Wear layers of woolen clothes
- Cover your head with a hat or scarf
- Wear hand gloves
- Use non-slip shoes or boots
- Turn on the room heaters
- Have a hot cup of coffee or tea
Moving in such chilly cold weather conditions is much easier when you have cheap movers Ballarat for your help.
3. Prepare your home for the big day
While preparing for a winter move, get your house ready as well.
You’re continuously moving in and out to load your stuff onto the vehicle so take the necessary steps to protect your home from cold damage.
Some of the preparation tips to follow are:
- Protect your floors with non-slippery runners, rugs, cardboard, old clothes, and mats
- Use wall and door protectors
- Shovel and salt all walkways and sideways that will be used for moving
- Learn the plow schedule
Preparing your house for the winter move doesn’t have to be hard, especially when you hire a moving company. Click here to seek professional help.
4. Service your vehicle for the move
Before you hit the road, get your car serviced to make sure every part is working properly and to avoid unfortunate incidents.
Make your car ready for unpredictable weather conditions like slippery roads, snow, rain, and other treacherous conditions.
Some of the tips to follow are:
- Examine the condition of car tyres and its air pressure
- Keep essential items such as an emergency kit, wipers, blanket, shovel, and an extra tyre in your car
- In case of any damage or defects, get it repaired before the moving day
- Enroll in roadside assistance
5. Check for central heating at your new home
Cold weather makes everything more complicated.
Before moving, visit your new home to safeguard it from extreme winter conditions.
Make sure that the central heating system and all other utilities are properly installed and are working.
After all, who would like to spend the first night shivering in the cold temperature in their new home?
6. Seek help from friends and family
Moving in winter is quite tricky as you may have to encounter a lot of unpleasant surprises such as bad weather or adverse climatic conditions.
Moreover, packing, loading, and unloading furniture items, electronics, and other heavy stuff is not a child’s play.
To make the moving process a breeze, seek the help of your friends and family members.
From packing your stuff to clearing all walkways, preparing food, and looking after your pets or kids, your relatives and friends can surely make your move hassle-free.
However, loading and unloading a dining table or wooden wardrobe is still a big task.
To make moving as easy as possible for you, hire movers and packers in Canberra.
7. Pack a survival kit
A survival kit can make your relocation far smoother as you won’t have to go through all the boxes and containers to find the essentials.
Pack items like medicines, chargers, necessary documents, extra woolen clothes, toiletries, a first aid box, tool kit, frozen food, and anything else that you will need on moving day and the first couple of days in your new home.
In the end…
Moving in winters doesn’t have to be a cold nightmare.
With little preparation, planning, and by following the above tips you can easily achieve any house move.